The India Phillips Foundation raises money each year and donate these funds to Donate Life California. The foundation follows India’s example who donated her kidney to a woman in need and other tissues for research. Donate Life is committed to educating the public about the importance of being a registered donor. Many people die each year while waiting for a transplant. They provide education regarding organ donation. They go to high schools, the DMV and have public events, such as fun runs and rally's to raise awareness.
- Currently, nearly 124,000 men, women and children are awaiting organ transplants in the United States.
- Approximately 77,633 Multicultural Patients*
- Approximately 2,146 Pediatric Patients*
- 29,532 Organ Transplants Performed in 2014
- 14,414 Organ Donors in 2014
- More than 47,000 corneas were transplanted in 2013
- More than 1 million tissue transplants are done each year and the surgical need for tissue has been steadily rising.